Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Week 26 (Lettuce Head)

Week 26
Sosie is the size of a ...

Head of Lettuce

Pregnancy Stats

Total Weight Gain: 4 pounds
Maternity Clothes: Absolutely. None of my regular pants will button, so it's either skirts, dresses or maternity pants. Weekends are always stretchy yoga pants and tanks.
Stretch Marks: No
Sleep: Sadly, it's getting more difficult to sleep. I keep a pillow between my legs and two at my head to prop me up. I'm ready for fall so it's not so hot at night since we don't have AC in Colorado.
Moment of the Week: Visiting Crested Butte with the hubs. It's one of our favorite places to get away. And we bought some great photography art of Colorado - something we've been talking about doing for two years now.
Missing Anything? Not being pregnant ... Running, hiking, camping, uninterrupted sleep, heels
Movement: She has her moments. But I haven't had too many punches in the gut for a while ... knock on wood.
Cravings: Not anymore really.
Aversions: Same. 
Belly Button In or Out?: Nearly out. <--- Did this gross anyone else out??? I got physically nauseous when I realized that it was really happening!!
Wedding Ring On or Off?: On. I haven't had any swelling of anything yet.
Happy or Moody?: Happy! That funk I was in through July finally lifted, and I have been more productive and happier lately. 
Looking Forward To: Meeting Sosie!

Nesting

Because our house was built in 1980 all of the rooms are teeny-tiny. When we first moved in, it was clear that the closet and the one upright dresser we could fit in there were going to be dedicated to all my clothes. Naturally. The hubs took the room next door, where we stashed two large dressers, and for two years now, it's been "Corey's room." 

But guess whose room it is now? ... Sosie's! =) We set up the dresser and crib, bookshelf and some other knickknack things. we are still waiting on the glider and really won't officially set everything up until about month to go. I can understand how the hubs might be feeling a little lost since his "space" has been renovated with pink and pretty things. 

We've been trying to figure out what we were going to do about combining all his clothes and shoes and such with mine, since our other two rooms are downstairs. We discussed remaking the closet with shelving and new railing but decided it was too much work and money, especially since we'd like to move into a house that we can grow into within a couple years. Now, keep in mind, our closet is actually fairly large, but the two room situation has been working, so I saw no need to give up my closet space (girls, you understand). We can actually easily share the closet if I pare down my clothes from season to season. But, the hubs really needed some dresser space, and that just wasn't happening. 

So, I came home Monday night to a totally rearranged bedroom, and, wouldn't you know, it's as if our room grew!! He was able to fit another dresser in there, and it still feels bigger! I couldn't believe it ... after two years ... we finally figure it out! It's nice, but it's also been throwing off my sleeping a little because we lay in a totally different direction .... but, I am closer to the bathroom at night. =)

The Pregnancy Conundrum

Maybe you'll understand this, and maybe you won't. But with only three months left, I am a little sad to see pregnancy go so quickly. Pregnancy makes you feel a little bit more spectacular and untouchable. I mean, c'mon, I can create an entire human being in my belly! 

I hate being uncomfortable. I hate feeling like a whale ... which I know is only going to get worse. I hate all the rules - no alcohol, no sushi, no hard workouts, no belly sleeping, no lying on your back, no blah, blah, blah. But I am also going to miss what has felt like a small retreat from the everyday, mundane realities of life with a twist of superpower. And while I realize that life is no longer going to feel everyday or mundane, thanks to little Sosie ... at least it's been a quiet retreat. =)

About two weeks ago, she suddenly decided to grow up a little, and my belly has grown quite a bit as a result, which has been amazing to finally show the world what exactly has been going on. It's uncomfortable, and I certainly feel like I'm waddling, but it's refreshing after the first four to five months of sickness, moodiness, exhaustion and weight loss and with no belly to show for it! 

It's a love-hate relationship with pregnancy. It's incredible, this superpower that God has given us as women. It's empowering and humbling all together. It's scary sometimes to think about introducing such a pure being to this world filled with a lot of hurt, hunger, need and division. And I never thought I'd say it, but I enjoy pregnancy ... Because maybe I can't solve the world's problems, or bring peace, or feed and clothe all the hungry and needy, or always be the perfect reflection of who God wants me to be ... but I can teach this little girl, through all of my dreams and hopes and beliefs, and pray that God uses her to realize even one of those and leave a beautiful footprint on this world. I think we all want our children to be like us in certain ways - but better. I just pray that she's always and forever happy.

Thanks for visiting this week!

XOXO,

Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive