Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Week 24 (Cantaloupe)




The hubs' photography skills were off this week, so sorry if the photo is a bit fuzzy!

Sosie is the size of a ...
Cantaloupe

And boy do I feel like it!! At week 24, her skin is becoming more opaque and developing a rosy glow. She is getting too big for somersaults and cartwheels but is still discovering her surroundings. I'd say she grew in just a matter if days, probably weighing in at about 2 pounds now! It still amazes me to think that this little person is growing (literally growing) inside of me! God is certainly very masterful and creative. But there are also days that I wonder why He doesn't have just have angels deliver the little ones off in brilliant white, lacy baskets to the doorstep. Wouldn't that be easier?

I am moving closer to the third trimester, so the "honeymoon" phase feels fleeting. Already I feel uncomfortable - hard to breathe and sit for long periods of time. And the fatigue is seeping back in. This week I have been drained. Not as tired as the first trimester, when every moment was spent sleeping on our couch, but almost as if I have run 12-15 miles every day and constantly need a nap.

EARLY PARENTAL WOES

I had the strangest dream last night, and the very first, about Sosie. She was this little child, probably around 2 or 3, and I was getting ready to go on a trip. So I handed her over to a family member because I had to pack my bags in a matter of moments. And then a trained pulled up for only 30 seconds so everyone could get on. So I got on, but the trained pulled away too fast for me to get Sosie. The train turned into a car full of friends and family and I realized I didn't have Sosie. But no one had seen her or knew where she was. I was in a mad panic, trying to call my husband who we had left behind with the dogs, but he wouldn't answer. So I asked them stop the car and kept saying "We have to go back!" But no one would listen. 

Moral of the story: Sosie hasn't even arrived yet, and I have already managed to lose her once. I guess  you could say I have some underlying parental jitters, ha!  

PREGNANCY STATS

Total Weight Gain: almost 4 pounds
Maternity Clothes: Yes! My closet keeps dwindling. I have packed away nearly everything into after-pregnancy bags and am beginning to realize I have very little to wear outside of my 20-some dresses!
Stretch Marks: Not yet!
Sleep: Changed a bit. Earlier this week, I found that lying on my back was no longer a comfortable option. I haven't yet bought one of those pillows that wraps around your entire body, but I have been rotating between the right and left sides with a pillow tucked behind me to kind of prop me up and support my back. I am probably not getting uninterrupted nights of sleep with all the rotating sides going on. 
Moment of the Week: That dream!
Missing Anything?: Running and working out, hiking and camping in the summer, regular clothes, energy
Movement: She has slowed down a lot, which I assume is due to how much she's grown. There's a lot less movement this week. 
Cravings: Chick-Fil-A spicy chicken sandwich, Taco Bell, brownies, peaches and grapefruit. I haven't indulged in the fast food cravings yet, but I have a coupon for a free spicy chicken sandwich, so it's in my future for sure!
Aversions: Can't think of any new ones at the moment. 
Belly Button In or Out?: In, but it's working its way toward the end of the tunnel. 
Wedding Ring On or Off?: On
Happy or Moody: TIRED!
Looking Forward To: Putting the baby room together & taking several upcoming trips with the hubs!

NESTING

Whew! We have had one heck of a time getting our baby stuff together. First, the chair of my dreams was discontinued. Then, we buy a dresser but find out that the crib we wanted was back-ordered until September, in addition to needing two weeks delivery and then we'd have to set it up. So we go in search of another crib that might match our dresser, and ALL bright white cribs are on back-order for months. And I suddenly don't love the dresser we bought anymore. 


As we walk around feeling tired of looking, both of us being the "get it done now" kind of people, we begin to look at some other, very pretty nursery sets I'd never considered before. And right then and there (and this is part of the reason I love my husband so) he says, "Let's get it and bring back the dresser." Now, I get that men just want to be through with shopping and walking around looking at stuff and deciding and all the time and effort that goes into it - but I also know he did it for me! So here is our new nursery furniture:


These are from the Baby Italia Mayfair line. I wasn't totally sure about the off-white "oyster shell" colors a couple months ago. I was so focused on it being a boy, but the girly things have grown on me, and I think this will be beautiful and can't wait to get them in and set them up!

The New Arrivals "Sweet Baby Jane" bedding from last post has been ordered. I decided to go without the bumper for now due to all the SIDS/suffocating controversy over them, but will likely order a plain white one and then add some pink ribbon to it for later on when she's growing and getting her little limbs stuck in between the slats. 

I also have gotten the below 3 Sprouts pink elephant canvas bin, the Etsy-made pink elephant diaper caddy organizer bin, the Kirklands aqua-geo print lamp (which is gorgeous!) :













I am totally torn on the curtains. I found these at Z Gallerie, but really wonder if I should get them, and by the time I decide they won't be on sale anymore.

Z Gallerie Mimosa Aquamarine Panels

And as for the glider ... we drove up to Denver specifically to look for gliders. Ever since the discontinuation of mine, I haven't been able to find one that I felt fit my body. Most are too hard, my feet barely touch the ground, they don't glide smoothly and I couldn't rest my head back because the backs were either too high or not pillowy. But, lo and behold, thanks to Firefly Furnishings in Cherry Creek, I found one that was just close enough! It is the Patoka Swivel Glider and Ottoman by Best Chairs. We've ordered ours in a light gray fabric called "Gravel" which feels kind of like a mix between suede and velvet:


So, all of our big, big things are on their way and we can begin setting up the room in about a month or so. We might have some painting or re-evaluating projects to do now that our furniture is that creamy white instead of white-white. But I just can't wait! Hopefully these things can get here and get set up before super fatigue sets in.

We've got birthing classes and baby showers to look forward to with 15 weeks to go! Thanks for hanging out with me this week! See ya again soon!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! Me too! I still haven't made that purchase yet, but I love them.

      Delete
  2. Everything looks and sounds great! I'm sure the good things will continue :-)
    And I love the name!! Sì bella

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive