Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Week 33 (Honeydew)

Shower hostesses
There's a belly behind the balloon!

Sosie is the size of a ...
Honeydew Melon


PREGNANCY STATS

Total Weight Gain: 10 pounds
Maternity Clothes: Yes! I think I've just bought my last items for fall because she'll be here before you know it!
Stretch Marks: No
Sleep: It's been OK. I turn from side to side a lot, but most of all, I have been making very frequent trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Otherwise, I'd probably sleep like a baby!
Moment of the Week: The amazeballs shower my sister threw for me in Sweet Home Alabama & seeing so many sorely missed, familiar faces!
Missing Anything? Being able to breathe, not having to bend over after standing for too long, my tummy, my memory!
Movement: Yes! She's movin' and shakin' all the time!
Cravings: None. Although I still appreciate anything with plenty of salt.
Aversions: None. 
Belly Button In or Out?: Out
Wedding Ring On or Off?: On. No swelling ... doctor keeps saying "You've still got your ankles, I see!"
Happy or Moody?: Happy! A bit nervous ... well, OK, a lot nervous about labor. 
Looking Forward To: Meeting Sosie!

BLESSINGS, BLESSINGS

At my last checkup, everything was going just fine until the doctor measured by fundus height. It seems I was nearly 4 weeks off. I wasn't quite sure what to make of it as I figured, "Well, maybe it's just my size." She didn't seem at all concerned about my slow weight gain but rather said that many times small women measure small and everything with the baby is perfectly fine. She scheduled another ultrasound to check on her. And naturally, being the worrier that I am, I Googled the situation all weekend. Most everyone said it was absolutely nothing to worry about. However, there were some major concerns that could be realized as a result of measuring only 29 cm at 33 weeks. 

Today, I am happy to report that Sosie, while a wee bit small, is doing just fine. She measured just 5 days off her due date and 4 lbs. 1 oz. The ultra tech said that the only concern was my low amniotic fluid and to drink lots more water! So I am now hydrating, hydrating, hydrating! 

There is no greater relief than to hear that your child is perfectly healthy and doing well. Maybe I am getting this mother thing down after all. Praise God! We just can't wait to meet her!

MASSAGE-FEST

An excellent reason to go to the childbirth classes ... a day-long massage from your hubby. We opted for a one day, get 'er done class. It was about 7 hours total, but the best part was that each time we "practiced" our labor contractions, our instructor said, "Now dads, give mom a FANTASTIC massage!" It was about 7 pregnant women and 7 very good soon-to-be-papas. The massages were to relax us in between contractions. While I will probably be screaming "Don't touch me!" during labor, the class was well worth it. =)

COUNTDOWN BEGINS

6-1/2 weeks. How to prepare? I am feeling a little overwhelmed. Sometimes the thought of labor nearly brings me to tears. But I try to remind myself that women have been doing it for years and still are. It's nice to walk around the neighborhood and see all of the kids and well, to be quite honest, to see their moms and the fact that she IS alive and well! Ha! Other times, I think about how exciting it's going to be to hang out with this little one and get to know her and share her vibrant spirit with the world. 

THE NEST

Unfortunately, we have misplaced BOTH of our camera chargers. We have got to find them soon! But, that also means that all photos are currently being taken via phone and are super blurry and low quality. So, while the nursery is coming along, the photos aren't all that great. I am waiting to put the bedding together. But most everything else is in place:
Opposite side of the room.




One side of room.
Window with SOSIE banner my sis made for the shower









































THANKS!

Thank you for joining us this week! See you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive