Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Week 22 (Papyaya)


IT'S A GIRL!

That's right ... I was wrong all along. What a bummer to be wrong (I owe my dad a couple six packs), but what a blessing for our amazing little girl - Sosie Mackenzie Bishop! She is now the size of a ...

Spaghetti Squash/Papaya

At 22 weeks, she's beginning to sprout hair atop that cute little head! Hairbands and bows, here we come! It's been really amazing to read and learn about everything my body is doing in order to help little Sosie develop and grow to be perfect. While pregnancy is still not the tops in my book, it's fun experiencing such a miraculous event and talking about what she is going to look and be like one day.

We were able to surprise our family with the gender last week while they were visiting us in Colorado. While we had already been to the big ultrasound, they all thought that it was scheduled for the Monday before July 4th that they were all here. We surprised them the Sunday evening before with pink table settings, pink lemonade and pink cupcakes. So while they didn't get to go to the ultrasound, the hubs and I got to experience it all for ourselves and had fun surprising everyone later. Then we texted and called family who couldn't be there with the news. 

Here are some fun stats that I've discovered other moms-to-be sharing on their blogs:
Total Weight Gain: 2 pounds
Maternity Clothes: Absolutely! Mom and I made it to A Pea in the Pod last week and bought some black and teal maternity skinny jeans, and a striped Henley. Still wearing dresses for the most part though.
Stretch Marks: Nope!
Sleep: Pretty good. Our life has been somewhat hectic lately after being evacuated June 26th for 5 days due to the Waldo Canyon Fire and then taking a July 4th trip to Crested Butte, so we haven't been on a good, steady, relaxed schedule for about 2 weeks and have slept in our own bed only a few times since then. 
Moment of the Week: Surprising our families with the gender!
Missing Anything?: Beer, sleeping on my tummy, running, pre-pregnancy jeans and pants
Movement: Yes!! Sosie is most active at night. Just when I settle down, she starts up. And boy is she a kicker. 
Cravings: Not anymore, really. I can tolerate sweets again. And I can devour an uncanny amount of salsa and chips. Oh, but I have been treating myself to meat whenever it sounds good because I know it's not her choice to be vegetarian and my pregnant impulses are insane - so I've had several bacon or turkey sandwiches lately, as well as a very delicious Larkburger. 
Aversions: Pretty sure that that Colgate toothpaste aversion will stick with me for the rest of my life. Sorry Colgate. 
Belly Button In or Out?: In
Wedding Ring On or Off?: On
Happy or Moody: It varies. Not so much moody as an occasional down feeling, but happy for the most part!
Looking Forward To: Getting back into a regular schedule and spending time with the hubs before little Sosie makes her grand appearance! Also, visiting family & friends in Birmingham in September!

Nesting

I caved and bought the blue diamond lamp from Kirklands from last post. And am now fixated on a aqua/Tiffany blue and pink combo. I love the bedding at New Arrivals Inc., and think I might take it simple with their Sweet Baby Jane print sans bumper:

Sweet Baby Jane Bedding with Kirklands lamp, 3 Sprouts canvas bin and gray wall color.


There's been a lot of news about bumpers and the hazards they present. So I am going to hold out for now and decide upon either a safer alternative or none at all. We also found some light blue bins for the shelving unit at Target. And we are waiting on our dresser to get in stock and have plans for the crib below as well:
Baby Cache Essentials Dresser
Europa Baby Palisades Crib

Unfortunately, my favorite nursery glider - Klaussner Carolina - has been discontinued unless I were to order it from across the country and pay for shipping, which is outrageous. So I am back to square one and rather sad. I just can't seem to find one that I love like that one, and there's not much to offer in Colorado Springs. We will just keep looking I suppose. 

A major delight in collecting all things baby has been books. Of the few things I can remember from my very young days are the many books I enjoyed and of my parents and teachers reading them to me. I was a bookworm, and I hope that Sosie will be too! My favorite series so far, as I am still collecting them, has been a sheep series by Nancy Shaw. Sheep Take a Hike and Sheep in a Jeep are the ones I've collected. I can't wait to read Sheep on a Ship, Sheep in a Shop, Sheep out to Eat, Sheep Blast Off, and Sheep Trick or Treat! The illustrations and silly rhymes always have me in tears. 


See you back here again soon!

3 comments:

  1. OMG! That's the exact same recliner I loved and just found out a couple of days ago that it was discontinued :( I understand exactly how you feel...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becca, that is awesome! Little girls are very special and the best part is they will go to Chick Flicks with you when they are older.

      Hope to see you soon!

      Beth Spencer

      Delete
    2. Stefanie, what a bummer! But I hear they are coming out with a whole new line of chairs. Although, the hubs and I are going chair shopping this weekend to see what else is out there. Good luck finding yours!

      Delete

Blog Archive