Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Week 19 (Mango)


Our baby is a ...
Mango

These food comparisons often confuzzle me because fruits and vegetables greatly vary in size. When I read this, my mind automatically went to our honeymoon and the Mexican mangos there, which are relatively small. If last week was a sweet potato, there was no way that this week's mango was smaller?! So I consulted my Sprout pregnancy app, which offered another suggestion: 

A softball
And while I hope our baby is not neon yellow (or as round), the softball offers reassurance for my burgeoning belly. However, I have been making more of an effort to workout, which, in reality, means LOTS of walking. But thanks to my good friend, Dawn, who owns the pilates studio where I teach Barre, I've added prenatal pilates to my schedule. Gotta keep it all toned! And, as some of you may have already read, it doesn't hurt a girl's confidence to still elicit a whistle at nearly 20 weeks pregnant.

I've gained 2 pounds now. Baby's growing! I was determined to take a hike last weekend. And when Saturday passed with no hike, Sunday it was. However, temps soared into the 90s, and we shortened it to one hour at a park near our house, which is less hike, more rugged walk. But I do appreciate the hubs for making an effort to appease my hike cravings, particularly on his new day (Father's Day), even though he would have preferred to be lifting weights in an air conditioned gym.

The Name Game

I am convinced there is a boy inside of me, but the hubs thinks it's a girl. There's no other explanation for my being able to sit through entire Rockies games, screaming at the TV for how awful they've been for weeks now when, once upon a time, I couldn't get through half an inning. It's a phenomenon. I've worked myself into such excitement over a boy, that I might be a bit sad if it isn't. In choosing names a few nights ago, we decided on two girl names that I love, and two boy names that I sort of love. So hubs offered: 
"It's a win-win. If it's a boy, it's what you wanted, and if it's a girl, we've got two killer names picked out."
Touche, my compadre. I don't want to disclose any names out of an irrational fear that I might begin to hate one of them or get too many comments that might influence the decision. But I will offer letters and bid you happy (and expectant) guessing:

Celebrations

Baby names (more so just glad the hubs came around on a few of them); upon hearing many other pregnant pals complain about bad- or non-sleep patterns, I am glad to say that, so far, I sleep like a baby; 20-week ultrasound; working out again; fewer nosebleeds; my ever loving, patient, understanding, helpful and thoughtful husband.

Jeers 

Headaches (still); toothpaste; achy feet and back; clothes that have been put away; nausea during and after eating; a heavy, tight belly at times; happy hours (I miss IPA's) 

Cravings

Peaches, blueberries, steak, more Mexican, pancakes, potato chips with salsa

Nesting

Another reason it has to be a boy - I love this lamp ...
Diamonds Ceramic Table Lamp
But, if it is a girl, I have decided on more of a hot pink color with the grey and yellow. I just couldn't get jazzed about light ballerina pinks. I love, love, love the lamp below, but it's too expensive. So I hope to find something just as good. And this elephant print just melts my heart:

Robert Abbey Pink Ceramic Table Lamp

Flying High


Pregnant Polish

That's right  ... we pregnant girls must stay polished because what else can lift a girl's spirit other than clothes, bags, shoes and accessories? Other than food... Here are some of my latest style cravings:

Chance Co. Striped Boatneck
DL1961 Angel Ankle Maternity Jeans
Soludos Espadrilles
Brandy Melville Striped Duffle 








Thanks for joining me this week! See you soon!

1 comment:

Blog Archive