Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Ten Months: Pt. I

There should be a word for the dainty way you flex your hand while notched upon my hip.

I can't imagine where that comes from. You don't strike me as dainty. I don't have a word for it yet. But you are more wild, more vivid.

You crave the sunshine, the cool air, the waving trees, the roughness of rocks. I could sit for days and watch you inspect them over and over in your tiny hands, discovering their natural qualities.

You will be the one to swear off dresses. To go barefoot. To jump through rain puddles and piles of autumn-fresh leaves. To throw off your coat. To prefer air and water on your skin. To wear your hair curly and free in your face, not tied up in a bow...

...but for now, I've got all the bows you'll need.

Keep peeking around corners. Keep pushing the boundaries. Some need breaking. You turn back to see that I am still here to rescue you, to give you courage to enter rooms and places unknown. Your face, brimming with curiosity.

Stay curious.


You. Who never quite understood stillness. Are in a constant state of motion. Take it all in. Discover the beauty in all things along your way. Keep moving, but stop to smell the flowers.

Right now, the notion of selfishness or cruelty escapes you. They exist. But keep your head high, and your eyes lit for the One who made you. Perfectly perfect. Just. As. You. Are. For greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.

Even as you dance and sing and skip and cartwheel through each season, listen intently, love widely. Always be kind, not right.

You may not find happiness in everything you do. But never give up on anything.

You delight in being where the action is. And only just so... Tucked neatly in my arms. To watch. To study life's players and destinations. To discover where it is you want to be.

Wherever, whenever and whoever that is, is fine with me. So long as your heart SINGS.

I'll be here as you peek around each corner. I won't budge when you need me. No ma'am. Not tomorrow or the days after.

So go ahead and


But don't. ever. lose your love for yourself.
For you were fearfully & wonderfully made.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive